Monday, July 30, 2012

Vacation- beach style

My bestie drove across the country from California to give her mom time with her girls for the summer. This is great for me as I can't afford to go to Cali to see her yet. So we decided it had been too long since we did a trip together, and when she asked her girls for things they wanted to do they said the beach. So we did a two night beach trip. It was really nice. Much better than the first beach trip we took together! Not only because of the accommodation were not a flooding tent with rafts (no air mattress? Use a raft!) or raining, but because we had time to come up with some ideas of what we wanted and I got to spend time with her four beautiful children. They are four very well behaved little cherubs. And there was so much joy out of the 1 year old, just sitting in the sand and playing, your heart can't help but smile! Every time I get to spend with my her is a new memory I cherish, and her girls add to that. I am so thankful that not only did she include me in such a trip, but that she and her husband allowed some of their hotel points to be used to make the trip affordable.
Now, when it's getting late in the evening and you need to feed the troops, and you are on a crowded boardwalk ,you look for something that is versatile and appeals to the masses, even if it's not on your gluten free plan. So we stopped at a pizza place that had a 28 inch pizza. At this point I decided to pull out the Gluten Flam and give it a go. And I felt OK overall, some minor discomfort, but it came more the day after. But it was a delicious pizza and HUGE. Did I mention it was the size of my inseam?
Other than that incident I had my gluten free foods with me for the other times. So it wasn't bad, and since we had planned to eat in most of the time, that made it easy. I find that I can adapt, for the most part, anywhere. Not having Celiac's helps. I have been able to order fries at places that I know do not have dedicated fryers and I have been just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment