Friday, July 20, 2012

This and that

So the kitchen manager at Shady Maple was somewhat helpful. I think he's far more used to fielding peanut questions then ones on gluten, but I ate well regardless. Still full today!
On our way back we stopped at a pottery shop and I perused the teas and bought this tasty little morsel. I was skeptical, but it's delightful! I am so happy I took a chance on it. I also bought the coconut chocolate one, and will try this weekend!
http://www.republicoftea.com/product.aspx?p=V10000&crcat=chocolate~strawberry+chocolate&crsource=msn&crkw=chocolate%20strawberry%20tea&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=Bing-PPC&utm_campaign=chocolate&utm_content=strawberry+chocolate&utm_term=chocolate%20strawberry%20tea

Tomorrow we remove our items from my grandfather's house. There has been so much drama leading up to this, that I can't wait for it to be over. And with it drawing closer, I have actually had time to start mourning. And my heart breaks all over again. In a way, once our stuff is out of there, we won't be back or have a need to be back. The process of selling the home will come eventually. A home my grandfather built to raise his family, A home where his grandchildren and great grandchildren played, Where Cherry trees grew to be harvested for his famous Sour Cherry wine, A place where holiday dinners came and went, birthdays, cherished memories. It's also a place where both my grandmother and grandfather died. It really represents a circle of life. How can a structure be so emotional? You take the memories with you, right? But yet, it's going to be an end to an era. This was the one place everyone could still go to meet up and visit and now….it's all over. I can't comprehend how the loss of someone brings out so much anger and greed and inconsiderate actions. We should all be joining together and reminiscing. But that is not how it has gone, and I can't help but think it's so far removed from how grandpa would want it. A true gentleman, he would have not wanted all this infighting. *sigh* Sorry to unload so much personal emotions. I just feel so much flowing from me now, and it's just so raw. My brother and I both agree that, with all that has gone down the past month; we are less concerned with the traditional concept of blood line family and retaining those ties, with the exception of our cousins. The nicest part of all this is getting to really reconnect with them. I have some wonderful cousins, very selfless and caring. I am proud to have them in my life and happy that they allow me in theirs. Another blessing has been my boyfriend. He has had to endure a solid month of crazy from me and my family and remains my source of strength and rational calm. I am very lucky I have had the support I have.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, thanks! I know I am your favorite cousin :) (j/k) Seriously, though, if you need anything please just give me a call. I think of you a ton when I see gluten free on everything! Just today it was hummus. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I love all my cousins , on mom's side though you are kinda up there ;-) I think mid August will look good for a get together.

      Delete