Time to take another stab at meatballs and a new pizza crust for garlic bread.
For the meatballs:
- 1 1/2 pounds meatloaf mix (beef, pork, veal combo)
- 4 cloves garlic-chopped/minced
- a handful of chopped Italian parsley
- most of a chopped shallot (optional)
- 1 cup gluten free bread crumbs (I use Ian's Italian)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (next time I will add a little pecorino romano in there)
- 2 eggs
- salt to taste
- Sauce of your choice (approx two 24-oz jars or your own sauce and lots of it!)
- Mozzarella cheese to top it off with (I used a pack and a half of Sargento's 6 cheese Italian blend)
Preheat oven to 375. Mix all of the meatball ingredients together and form your meatballs (stay on the smaller side I would say). I made 28 meatballs. Place the meatballs in a large skillet/pan with Olive Oil and brown the meatballs. Don't overcook them, as they will continue to cook in the oven.
Pour some sauce in the bottom of your pan. Place meatballs on top of the sauce. Cover with more sauce then add the cheese. Lots of Cheese. It should be meatballs, all covered with cheese….I lost my poor meatball when somebody sneezed…. Sorry, couldn't resist. Cover the pan with foil and bake for 25 mins. Remove foil and bake an additional 20 mins or until meatballs are cooked through (this is where consistent size control helps).