Tuesday, May 7, 2013

El Rodeo, waste of time

Some friends wanted to go to El Rodeo in Harrisburg for our after work get together.  So I did my traditional email asking if they had any items that are or can be made gluten free.  I sent the first email two weeks ahead of time.  I sent the second email a week later.  No replies.   We arrive today, and I was totally happy that my waiter was a perfect English speaking lad, thinking this would eliminate the language barrier as some of the staff are VERY authentic and have a bit of a language barrier.   I was sadly mistaken.  After he looked at me confused he said he had no idea what gluten was.  I explained it.  He  tried half assedly to guess at the menu.  He had no desire to check with the kitchen and no desire to care.  I even brought the print outs and said that they had not replied, he said they don't check it.  So I had a glass of wine and that was it.  I know there are options there, but I need someone who can be intelligent enough to either find out the information or ask enough to understand the situation.  I have seen some places where corn chips are mostly corn but have some wheat flour.  I need answers not assumptions.  No plans to go back ever.   So disappointing, especially since I have seen comments in forums where people have said they have gone to an El Rodeo in the area and had luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment