Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Walnut and Rosemary Oven Fried Chicken

I am way behind here, so lets start off with Mother's day I made mom this crusted chicken recipe I had from Cooking Light a few years ago that she liked.  I adapted it to be Gluten Free naturally.  

Walnut and Rosemary Oven Fried Chicken

Ingredients

1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk  (I tend to use a smidgen more just to thin it out a bit)
  • 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • (6-ounce) chicken cutlets (I have used regular chicken breast and pounded them to within about a quarter inch of their life.....)
  • 1/3 cup Ian's Gluten Free panko  (even though you spice it up, I use a mixture of the regular and Italian)
  • 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
  • 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (If you know me, you know I just throw a bunch of cheese in there)
  • 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper $
  • Cooking spray
  • Rosemary leaves (optional)

Preparation

  1. 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
  2. 2. Combine buttermilk and mustard in a shallow dish, stirring with a whisk. Add chicken to buttermilk mixture, turning to coat.
  3. 3. Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add panko to pan; cook 3 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently. Combine panko, nuts, and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a shallow dish. Remove chicken from buttermilk mixture; discard buttermilk mixture. Dredge chicken in panko mixture.
  4. 4. Arrange a wire rack on a large baking sheet; coat rack with cooking spray. Arrange chicken on rack; coat chicken with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 13 minutes or until chicken is done. Garnish with rosemary leaves, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment