Friday, June 1, 2012

Sushi, hospitals and fruit

Admittedly, I have been having a problem the last few days getting myself to eat , as I am tired of plain chicken and fruit. I really have had to force myself to eat. Yesterday was a treat, I went off the diet for my birthday dinner, but still tried to be good. The Dr. said it was ok and I took the accidental gluten pills to be safe, but enjoyed my birthday Sushi!!!! Only downside, I have never eaten it without the soy sauce before and it was a bit dryer than I am used to. But I was trying not to tempt fate too much. With there being gluten in that I figured better safe than sorry. I was surprised when the waitress brought out a fried ice cream ball for my birthday! HOW I HAVE MISSED DAIRY! It was sooo good. I didn’t eat the crust though. But still, the whipped cream, the chocolate ice cream….sooooo good. I feel fine except for being the fullest I have been in two weeks! I am still full this morning. It's insane. My belly is poofed out and it was sooooo worth it. This morning I am staring at my buffet of fruit and telling myself less than two weeks till I can eat rice regularly and edamame! I may just make it without cracking…..

On a downside, my grandfather is in the hospital, and if there was ever a time I wanted to eat some nasty, crappy, comfort food it was this week. The best birthday gift yesterday was he was looking better and seemed to be feeling better. Only 3-4 more days he should be in. Then he will be trying to adjust to a new normal with congestive heart failure, A-Fib, and hopefully the UTI will be cleared up. Nice thing is, he can go with mom and dad to get his Coumadin levels tested. We like to share illnesses in this family, lol. I had an aunt who lived 10 years or more with congestive heart failure and mom and dad manage their A-Fib just fine, so I have hope that he will make it to his next big birthday with no problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment