Monday, June 4, 2012

Cauliflower

I can't believe that it's true…mashed up/puréed cauliflower really is like mashed potatoes. This is a thing of beauty, while I cope with not having taters for another 5 weeks. This was a nice change from my zucchini, which while I love, I needed something different. I hope to do some spaghetti squash soon. In a week I can have olive oil again (score!) and I am thinking that with the olive oil and salt and pepper would be a nice thing to try. At this point, variations are appreciated. If nothing else, this diet has severely forced me outside of my comfort zone.

One of the things that the fake squishies (my word for mashed potatoes, it's a family thing.) go well with, is one of grill master K's expertly grilled steaks. Was the closest to a standard meal I have had in a while. Ken really has perfected steak grilling, and burgers, etc. I love the warmer months as I get Grill Master K's cuisine! And even though I have had to modify some of the seasonings I can have for right now, that was still one awesome steak!

As I am starting week 4 this week, I can't help but be thankful to incorporate rice and peas and soy back into my life. And Nuts!!! I am making some homemade peanut butter next week and you better believe I will be eating spoonful's of that! This makes me just that much closer to being able to try all the gluten free recipe's I have acquired and back to dairy!! Oh the end is in sight….just long distance yet, but I will make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment