Monday, May 28, 2012

1/4 of the way done

I am almost done with week two, which means only two more weeks till rice and legumes and nuts!   woot woot!   Granted, this Thursday is my birthday and I will be having sushi, as, after all the dr. did say when I asked, "It is your birthday after all."  So glad he was on board with that, as I was gonna do it anyhow :-)

With being two weeks in, I do feel better.  Granted some days it's really hard to muster the excitement to eat yet another round of fruit, or even my beloved zucchini.   These first four weeks are horribly limiting and sitting here today, watching everyone be able to eat Ken's wonderful cheese burgers, made with onion soup mix (on the no-no list for the whole eight weeks, and after that I need to buy a brand other than Lipton's, as theirs added gluten in 4 years ago.  Bastards.)   Then there were the baked potatoes (on the no-no list all eight weeks) Corn on the  cob (again, eight weeks) and Mrs. Dash!!! but my baked chicken, cooked carrots and zucchini chips did just fine.  

I found out that Domino's came out with a gluten free crust.  I am totally stoked to be able to give this a try when I done with this leaky gut diet.   With that said, if I had Celiac's or a full fledged gluten allergy I would not want to try it.  They make it clear that it's prepared right next to their regular pizza's and therefore there is a cross contamination possibility.  It is designed more for people with a sensitivity (Me) and I am happy with that. I am fond of their pizza and I get a kick out of their online tracker.  What can I say, I am easily amused.  

As I have been hoarding more and more gluten free recipe's off of Pinterest (http://pinterest.com/ajl3177/gluten-free/) I have been finding some wonderful blogs that offer so much wonderful information and guidance, I can see some light at the end of the tunnel with all this.  

This week I will be starting the probiotic.  Curious to see how this one works for me.

Well, time to go enjoy what is left of my holiday weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment