Friday, June 15, 2012

Vacation time

So this is my vacation week and I have taken a detour or two off the diet. When I first talked to the dr about my vacation week he said that would be one and to take the Gluten Flam for anything with gluten. Last night we found out that the Grotto makes a gluten free pizza so I was totally stoked! Even though it has dairy and tomatoes that I am not to have for a few more weeks it was delightful!!!!  Then we had the Dough Company's Gluten Free pizza, and I have to say, it was better than the Grotto's.   Pizza, how I have missed you, let me count the ways....

On a down note found out that they had to take my grandpa back to the hospital late Wednesday/early Thursday morning.   We had hoped he was going to make it a bit longer, but my heart breaks as I write that he is on end of life care now.   He's feeling a bit better today, but we know it's temporary.  As we got back to town Thursday we went to the hospital to see him, along with the rest of the family.   If you cuold have seen the waiting room to the SICU, you would see how much that man is loved. We almost took up the entire room.   I know he's 90, and congestive heart failure is what it is, but my heart is still breaking knowing what will come.   Somehow 90, seems too short.   But from this and having a court date next week for a car accidents a few years back, I may be ending the Leaky Gut part of the diet and going straight to the Gluten Free, as I feel a glass of wine is in my future.   On our way out of the hospital last night dad tripped and fell and we had to take him over to the ER to get checked out.  We really do deserve a wing at that hospital.  

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?  I am getting to be one damn strong lady.

Hopefully I will have something better to write in the coming days.    

No comments:

Post a Comment