Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Slight change in plans

So I started having some pain in my lower abdominal wall this past weekend, I decided to see my family physician about it. While I don’t' have any bladder infections, I still have some odd aches/pains. My dr and I discussed all the changes in my life recently, with the diet and everything. We both agreed I need to skip a week and move to the next phase of the diet to try and get some more fiber and food in me. Although, huge score, down 14 lbs since January's visit, woot woot! That wasn't the goal, but a nice side effect of this all. I do have some weakening in my upper fascia of my abdomen (above my belly button) causing me some pain. I asked the dr what to do to fix that, he said the best thing is to continue to lose weight like I am doing and to strengthen my core.

Generally I am feeling better, but moving onto the 2nd phase is already helping. I ate rice last night. Yummy, warm, brown rice. It was soooo good. And I feel great. So happy to have moved onto this part. I plan on making some homemade peanut butter this week and getting some edamame! I am excited for more variety. Both my dr and one of my cousins told me of how good roasted cauliflower is, so I am excited to give that a try too!

Grandpa is doing better and we hope he gets out of the hospital this week. They have gotten most of the edema down, still some residual , but marked improvement. Now they just need to get his Afib stabilized.

No comments:

Post a Comment