Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Labor Day weekend

We went up north to visit Ken's family for the Labor Day weekend and hit up the Grotto while we were there. I must say, I got the gluten free pizza with pepperoni this time, much better than I remembered the last one being. I quite enjoyed it. Unfortunately we didn’t' have time to go to the Dough Company too, but next trip I am sure we will. In fact, I found on the gluten free registry that the sushi place up there, Katana, has gluten free soy sauce, SCORE!
Next week the fellow gluten free ladies and I are having Wild Tomato for a little luncheon of our own. I know, surprise, I am eating Wild Tomato. I can't help it, it's good and they have soooooo many options. One of the ladies at work is also a fan, and I brought in some leftovers for another and she loved it. So I figure, why not expose a few more to it and see if I can keep bringing on new fans? I believe if you like a business, support it. There are so few places that offer not only the options but the care and customer service that Wild Tomato does, that I want to do my part to keep it around.
I also found that Annie's makes gluten free single serves of mac and cheese. I still needed to add more cheese to it to make it creamy, but it was delightful :-)
I plan on trying the gluten free pretzel recipe out of Gluten Free on a Shoestring this weekend. I have been dyeing to try it and make my own cheese dipping sauce. I think, this could only lead to good things!

No comments:

Post a Comment