Friday, August 3, 2012

Wild Tomato, you had me at hello

There are certain things that just aren't the same when made gluten free. They aren't bad, but they aren't what you know and love. Pizza has been that for me. For all the pizzeria's that have been kind enough to make a gluten free pizza, I have noticed they are all generally the same premade, frozen dough. Which while not the same chewy goodness I love, still allows me an avenue to eat pizza. And then I decided to try Wild Tomato's gluten free pizza last night, as they have a lot of items on their menu that are gluten free, subs included! It arrived, and my very nice delivery lad informed me that they make the dough there. Their manager has Celiac's and stuff is made fresh daily, or every other day, as demand dictates. So I opened it up, saw a lovely looking pie, and then….I tasted it. Oh my! This is what has been missing! A real dough! And the sauce and flavors were great!!! I am sold! I can't wait to try more from this place. Ken tried their Meat-A-Ball Sub and was a fan too. Sometimes, it's a good thing to break out of your comfort zone! Thank you Wild Tomato, we will be in touch again soon!

http://legacy.ybsitecenter.com/multi-images/cdr/legacy/var/kc/525635/2099707-11644_WildTomato_Lomenu1-13-12.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment