Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Coconut, coconut, coconut

Being as Coconut is the only cooking fat and flour I am allowed to use during this first four weeks, I am embracing it. And you know, what? It's pretty darn tasty. I was worried the first day that the coconut oil would make my chicken taste like coconut, which, while not a bad, thing, would have limited it's uses. However it's a mild flavor and my chicken didn’t' overcook like it can sometimes with butter. My sear on the outside was beautiful and brown and the chicken inside stayed juicy. This was great! When I heard that the coconut flour and unsweetened flakes were ok too, well I rolled some cut up chicken in it, tossed them in the pan with some coconut oil and coconut Olivio (a new love!) and it was delightful.

Then I decided to research this stuff, curious as to why it was the only one approved for the beginning of this diet (repair on my system really). I found that it's actually quite healthy and has so many benefits. I am totally excited to give this stuff a try and once out of the all the severe restrictions, really start cooking/baking to see what I can do with it.
http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment