Friday, July 26, 2013

Qdoba, lucky bones, rusty nail

A friend told me they tried the new Qdoba in Harrisburg across from the East Mall (it will always be the East Mall, I don’t' care what they say).   He said they told him about their GF stuff and gave a tour of the place.  So I checked out the website and they had a very nice allergen menu.  So far the best one for a Mexican restaurant I have seen.  In fact the only one for a Mexican restaurant I have seen in this areahttp://www.qdoba.com/downloads/Qdoba_Allergen_Info.pdf

 

So my bestie and I went to the beach this past weekend and I got to try a few new places.  I really liked Lucky Bones, they have a very full Gluten Free menu and it was a lively place.   The Rusty Nail was not bad either; it had a lot of boiled or steamed seafood so I did well there also.   The Ugly Mug didn’t' have near as many options but I was able to find a few on the menu that they weren't aware of, like crab claws and some butter.  Worked great for me!   

 

I am looking forward to getting back into some cooking.  I have a meatball recipe from my cousin I want to try and my Great Aunt is going to take me through her version also.  I want to have the meatball world gluten free and at my will. Also on the list of things to try out, the cream cheese pizza crust I found on Pinterest.  I mean, it would be less smelly than the cauliflower one, which, since Ken doesn't bring sauerkraut into the house knowing it makes me turn green, I gotta respect that cooked cauliflower smells horrible to him.   So that will be a fun one to give a go 




No comments:

Post a Comment