Saturday, January 5, 2013

Lazzaro's Italian Bistro

My mother passed on a gift card that was given to her to us as the menu had a lot of gluten free items listed, and well, no matter how old you get, your mom still likes to take care of you.   So we decided to go for lunch today. First, I know this used to be a flower shop and apartment building.   I had been in the one of the apartments before and got to tell my friend who has moved away that I had lunch today in her old kitchen.   The place is very cozy and cute.  The menu is great, they offer a lot of gluten free options, including as I was told when we were leaving, a gluten free cupcake with canoli cream topping with cocoa dusting.  Oh .... My......God!!!!  I can't wait to go back and try that alone.  My litmus test, as always, is the pizza.   The crust didn't have much flavor per say, but the texture was great.  And finally, I got a pizza margherita with sauce instead of tomato slices.  I was very happy.  I would get it again.  Ken got a turkey and bacon panini.  He said it was good, could have used a little bit more meat in it, but over all we agreed we will be back and we are planning a family gathering there to introduce more people to it.  




















No comments:

Post a Comment