Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Homemade hot cocoa


Sweet day in the morning!

I may never go back to Swiss Miss cocoa again.   I was craving hot cocoa, and found that I had none left.  I knew I had regular cocoa powder so I set forth to the internet to find instructions on how to use it to satisfy my craving.  I may never go back to any other kind.  So good, so good!

 

Ingredients

·         ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder

·         ½ cup granulated sugar

·         ⅓ cup hot water

·         ⅛ tsp salt

·         4 cups milk (Dairy or non-dairy)

·         1 teaspoon vanilla extract

·         Marshmallows if you like

·          

Instructions

1.    Combine the cocoa, sugar, water, and salt in a medium saucepan.

2.    Over medium heat, stir constantly until the mixture boils. Cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute.

3.    Stir in the milk and heat, but do not boil.  Mine took a while, the cold milk takes a while to heat up without boiling.

4.    Remove from the heat and add vanilla; stir well. Serve immediately.

5.    Add marshmallows and whipped cream if you so desire. (I do, I do!!)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment