Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Bread Machines and new goodies at Wegman's

As the cost of anything Gluten Free is borderline prohibatively expensive, I decided to start looking into a bread machine to start making my own gluten free bread as almost $6.00 a loaf makes me wanna cry.  I have almost gotten to the point where I don't even look at the prices of my gluten free items and just accept the high bill at the end.   So my friend gave me hers as she was no longer using it.  I purchased a book for gluten free bread machine recipe's (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0778802388/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00)  and the first loaf turned out OK.  Yeast and I are still learning to work together.   I have another loaf in the bread maker right now following Oster's recomendation for gluten free breads in their bread machines.   The book said to do a dough cycle then a bake cycle, they said:


Thank you for contacting Oster, a brand of JardenConsumer Solutions.     

We recommend the wheat setting for gluten free bread.

We appreciate your business and are happy to help if youhave any further questions.

Sincerely,

Margarita
Jarden Consumer Solutions

We are interested in your feedback regarding your emailexperience. Please click the link below to complete our online customersatisfaction survey. You will need to enter in or copy/paste the followingreference number.  1-1634342011


So that is the current experiment and I should know in 3 hours if it worked.    Fingers and toes crossed.

On another note, we hit Wegman's the other day and investigated their newly expanded gluten free section and they have a lot of teh same stuff as my Giant does, but some other nifty finds, like gluten free pizzelles!!! so incredibly happy :-)  They are close to what I grew up with.   (http://www.bellaluciaglutenfree.com/).  Also of note, they had Bell and Evans gluten free chicken nuggets and chicken breasts, and they are good.   It's nice to have options.  I still love the Applegate Farms nuggets, but there is room in more life for more than one brand.  :-)   

No comments:

Post a Comment